Saturday 25th June 2011 saw the inauguration of ALL London’s Webinar room and a good time was had by all! A recording of the event is here.
THANK YOU TO ..
John Connor,who did a fantastic presentation to how to use music in the classroom, illustrating his talk with a powerpoint, recordings and performance. What a great speaker, and what a great musician! This man is going to go far!
Heike Philp .. organiser extraordinaire who has shown Helen how to use Adobe Connect and offered to be on hand to assist. Her help was invaluable as she welcomed people into the room and gently guided us all through the technology. Her reward was to meet John, and she is clearly aiming to be his artistic agent ….!
Nathan Jones, who has created a neat ‘certificate of attendance’
but most of all .. thanks to
The Webinar Pioneers .. those brave souls from all corners of the planet (.. well, up ad down the UK + Germany + New Zealand + Normandy at least!! …) who courageously clicked the link to bring them into the Webinar room, and then helped to make the atmosphere really buzz with encouraging, good-humoured comments and banter.
Some of their comments received during the conference, and within minutes of it ending:
are at the end of this post, and you are invited to add any other comments via the blog!
Our next planned webinar will be 10:00 – 11:00 on Saturday 24th September 2011 as a prelude to the European Day of Languages, with, amongst other things, invited presenter Joe Dale talking about whizzy IT stuff. Please put the date in your diary now!!!
If anyone has any ideas / requests / offers, just get in touch with ALL London!
- This was brilliant. Thanks for organising it, Helen and Heike. (Carolyn)
- Isn’t he good?! So impressed. Thanks Helen. (Prim)
- I so agree! That was a great presentation by John and then playing with Adobe was a hoot! (Lisa xx)
- Hear hear! A very informative presentation, with great entertainment value, especially the group rendition of Frere Jacques!! :-))
Seriously many thanks Helen, will be attending the next one in pyjamas again. (Helen J)
- It was excellent. Many thanks Helen. Lots of brilliant ideas. My computer kept crashing though which was a shame. I’ll be attending the next one too. Helen Mc
- Yes, my computer kept on freezing too! Songs are great…I’d recommend the latest version of Frere Jacques, by Helen Myers and her Merrimen 😉 (Dani Bourdais)
- What a good way to spend a rainy June morning. Well done Helen and Heike for organising and hats off (though later it was on) to John for being such a cool and collected ‘performer’. I can’t wait for the next one. (I apologise for Hugo’s shyness….he is mainly visual) (Stuart)